Since 2001, Daily Journal archives show nine fires at furniture factories in Northeast Mississippi.
Here is a breakdown of the incidents:
- March 21,2001: Warehouse destroyed at Kingsington Furniture in Pontotoc County.
- October 8, 2001: Most of Regal House in Ecru damaged, resulting in $1.6 million in damage.
- February 12, 2008: Warehouse and offices destroyed, along with Plant No. 1 at American Furniture in Ecru.
- April 11, 2012: Some furniture destroyed, but no building damage in fire at Ashley Furniture in Ecru.
- May 26, 2014: A small electrical fire broke out in the warehouse of United Furniture in Okolona.
- January 5, 2018: Fire destroys about one-third of the 1 million-square-foot American Furniture plant in Ecru.
- August 18, 2018: Smoke was reported at United Furniture in Okolona, coming from batteries that were being charged next to golf carts used to travel around the factory.
- September 26, 2018: Manufacturing warehouse facility catches fire at Washington Furniture in Pontotoc. The fire re-ignited on Sept. 28, and investigators ruled the initial fire as arson.
- October 13, 2018: Firefighters are on the scene for the second time this year at American Furniture in Pontotoc County.