By NEMS Daily Journal
Grinch will tell his story today at library
- The Grinch will perform “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at the Lee County Library.
Catch it at 10 a.m. today or 2 p.m. Saturday. It’s free. Call (662) 841-9029.
Lights at Ballard Park will get switched on
- Get into a Christmas frame of mind at 5:45 p.m. today during a lighting ceremony at Ballard Park.
There will be a variety of performances and free admission to the Oren Dunn City Museum. Call (662) 841-6438.
TCT will show off its new marquee lighting
- Tupelo Community Theatre will show off the result of months of work at 8 p.m. today.
There will be an official lighting ceremony of the Lyric Theatre’s marquee. Everyone’s invited. Call (662) 844-1935.
2010 Christmas parade scheduled for Saturday
- Get downtown early on Saturday for the best vantage point to see the 2010 Reed’s Tupelo Christmas Parade.
The event will start at 10 a.m. in the BancorpSouth Arena parking lot, travel west on Jefferson Street, south on Robins Street and east on Main Street. Call (662) 841-6598.
Catch classic holiday movies at civic center
- The Tallahatchie River Players will present Christmas movies at 7 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday at the Magnolia Civic Center.
The movies include:
• Today – “Holiday Inn.”
• Friday – “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” “Jim Henson’s Muppet Christmas Carol.”
• Saturday – “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”
The cost is $2/general admission and free/5 and under. Call (662) 488-6183, 407-2517.
Corinth orchestra plans 2010 Christmas program
- The Corinth Symphony Orchestra will present its Christmas program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Coliseum Civic Center.
Tickets are $15/adults, $10/students and $12/adults in groups of 10 or more. Call (662) 643-8833.