Venues to usher in the new year today
- It’s the end of the year, as well as the end of a decade, so logic would dictate that a party is in order.
Take your pick today:
- 7 p.m. to midnight, Peggy’s Music Barn, Eggville Community, $5. Smoke-free, no alcohol. (662) 205-4926.
- 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., Tupelo Ballroom Dance Club, First Presbyterian Church, Tupelo. Free/TBDC members, $25/for membership. (662) 322-9310.
-7:30 p.m. to midnight, Music County, old Lakeside Grocery, Alpine community. Featuring Family Tradition and Friends. $5. No alcohol. (662) 871-511.
- 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., VFW on Highway 4, Ripley. Featuring Wide Open. $10/one person, $15/two people. (662) 316-5015.
Wrestlers to battle on first day of year
- TFW Wrestling will usher in the new year with a bunch of testosterone at 8 p.m. Friday.
The venue is located at 2917 Highway 178 East in Skyline. Tickets are $7/ages 6 and up. Call (662) 610-3205 or 523-3352.
BancorpSouth Arena open for skating
- The BancorpSouth Arena will open its ice for skating on Saturday and Sunday.
Sessions will be 1 to 3 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. The cost is $7 per session, and that includes skate rental. Call (662) 841-6573.
Playhouse auditions scheduled for Tuesday
- Pied Piper Playhouse will hold auditions on Tuesday and Jan. 7 for “The Beatles Slept Here.”
Auditions will be at 7 p.m. at Milam Elementary School auditorium, and they’re open for grades five to 12.
For more, call (662) 231-1410 or 678-6455.
NEMS Daily Journal