Thomas Wells

HOUSE FIRE: Although three people were inside a Tupelo residence when a fire began there on Wednesday, no one was injured. Around 5:10 p.m., firefighters were called to a residential fire at 6471-2 Allen Street. Ilene Schumpert, resident, and two others were home at the time the fire began, but escaped without injury. Schumpert told fire investigators she plugged in an extension cord, left the room, and after hearing a "pop", came back in the room and saw the curtains on fire, said Tupelo Fire Capt. Thomas Walker. The extent of damage is not yet known, Walker said, and the fire is under investigation by the Tupelo Fire Department.

Recommended for you

comments powered by Disqus