n The following reports were filed Monday by the Tupelo Police Department and released by the Lee County Sheriff's Department on Tuesday.
Tupelo Police Department
- A man was arrested for driving with a suspended drivers license.
- A woman was arrested for shoplifting at Dollar General Store.
- A man reported someone stole his money from his wallet.
- A woman reported someone damaged her car.
- A man on Rabbit Drive reported someone stole his money.
- A man was arrested for contempt of court.
Lee County Sheriff's Department
- A woman on County Road 1483 reported her neighbor's dog was causing a disturbance in her yard.
- A Guntown resident reported someone stole his radio.
- A County Road 1439 resident reported a man would not leave her home.
- A Shannon resident reported she was being harassed.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Tupelo Police Department at 841-6491, the Lee County Sheriff's Department at 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
n A Community Pride litter cleanup meeting set for 10 a.m. today March 28 in the Peoples Bank Operations Building conference room in Ripley. This is a planning meeting only. Coffee and juice will be served beginning at 9:45 a.m.
n The Yoga Center in Tupelo is offering prenatal yoga classes at 5 p.m. every Thursday. These classes are designed to help in pregnancy and delivery. The instructor is April Michael. The first class is free. For more information, call 213-6060 or visit www.TupeloYoga.com.
n Members of the Lafayette County Master Gardeners are slated to speak during their annual Spring Lecture Series at the University of Mississippi Museum. The five free, public programs will be at noon each Thursday from March 29 through April 26. The theme for this year's series is "Going Native: The Indigenous Plants of Mississippi." For more information or assistance related to a disability, call (662) 915-7073.
n The annual meeting of the Blue Mountain College Ministerial Alumni Association will be Friday on the BMC campus. To pre-register, contact Lea Bennett in the Office of Alumnae/Alumni Affairs at (662) 685-4771, ext. 119 or email email@example.com. For more information, contact Dr. Ronald Meeks, director of Church Relations, at (662) 685-4771, ext. 179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intersection of Lumpkin, Kincannon closed today
n TUPELO - The intersection of Lumpkin Avenue and Kincannon Street will be closed from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. today while the city works on infrastructure there.
Motorists are encouraged to find an alternate route.
Daily Journal report