The following people were booked into the Lee County-Tupelo Adult Jail in connection with felony charges ending Thursday at 11 a.m.
- Justin Darby, 25, of Nettleton, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, taking of a motor vehicle.
- Jonathan Hicks, 42, of Corinth, was arrested by the Tupelo Police Department, possession of a Schedule II drug.
- Devaughn McCoy, 28, of Tupelo, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, possession of methamphetamine, possession of cocaine.
- Amos McGinister, 27, of Helena, Arkansas, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, second degree murder.
- Johnathan Poole, 23, of Pontotoc, was arrested by the Tupelo Police Department, possession of 15 or more sales receipts, possession of paraphernalia, shoplifting.
- Gregory Williams, 44, of New Albany, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, taking of a motor vehicle.
The following reports were filed Thursday by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the Tupelo Police Department.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- A County Road 2346 Guntown woman said a female, who is a friend of her son, showed up acting like she was on something. Deputies found her down the road and charged her with public intoxication.
- A County Road 261 Tupelo man reported that someone stole a 5x7-foot utility trailer from his yard overnight. He called back later and told authorities that a friend had borrowed it and returned it.
- A County Road 129 Tupelo woman said a man came onto her property and caused a disturbance. She said she has a no trespassing sign and the man was not welcome.
- A County Road 1640 Auburn man said a woman pulled into his driveway around 7:30 p.m. When he walked out, the Nissan Sentra drove away. He followed the car to a nearby intersection, where the female pointed a pistol at him, before driving away.
Tupelo Police Department
- An Elvis Presley Drive woman said someone tore down her gate.
- A South Gloster Street car dealership said a man was sleeping on the premises. The suspect had an outstanding warrant and was carried to jail.
- A South Gloster Walmart employee said two women tried to leave the store without paying for two buggies full of consumable goods. When confronted, the women walked out the door and drove way.
- An Exchange Street woman said someone stole her city-issued garbage can.
- A woman said she was at a friend's North Madison Street house when a verbal argument started. He then hit her in the face with his fist twice. She hit him back then fled to call police.
- A man said he was at a North Gloster Street motel and called his baby mama to come pick up money for the child. The female arrived with her new boyfriend, who berated the man, stole $500 from his wallet and took prescription pills from the room.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.