Corinth apartments damaged by fire

 

TUPELO - An elderly man died Thursday night in a house fire in the Lee Acres neighborhood of Tupelo.

The Tupelo Fire Department responded to 2005 President Avenue after 10 p.m. and found the single-story home engulfed in flames. The homeowner got out of the house but Eddie Lee Buck, 80, did not. Fire fighters found him inside the house during a search and rescue.

The home suffered substantial damage. According the TFD fire investigator Cathy Gault, the fire started in the attic.

Recommended for you

comments powered by Disqus