The following people were booked into the Lee County-Tupelo Adult Jail in connection with felony charges ending Monday at 11 a.m.
- Stephen Cope, 33, of Tupelo, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, aggravated assault.
- Richard Ellis, 48, of Tupelo, was arrested by the Tupelo Police Department, possession of Schedule II drug.
- William Gordan, 43, of Pontotoc, was arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, possession of ICE.
- Noah Johns, 18, of Tupelo, was arrested by the Tupelo Police Department, armed robbery.
- Jason Moody, 39, of Mantachie, was arrested by the Mississippi Department of Corrections, violation of probation.
- Bridgette Mallette, 46, of Saltillo, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, possession of a controlled substance.
The following reports were filed Monday by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the Tupelo Police Department.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- A Tom Full Trail, Tupelo man said someone stole his Honda XR100 dirt bike from a trailer in front of his residence. He called back later the same day to say he recovered the motorcycle.
- A County Road 931 Auburn man said he saw someone load scrap metal from his property into a black Chevy pickup and then drive away heading north.
- A County Road 1046 man said a suspect contacted him to buy a trailer he was selling on Craigslist. The buyer asked the man to send him $900 to cover shipping the trailer. The man agreed and was later asked for another $1,250 for additional costs. The man said he never received payment for the trailer and thinks he is being scammed.
- A Long Avenue Guntown man said he set an envelope of cash on the counter, and a suspect who works for him sometimes reportedly stole three $100 bills.
- A County Road 1498 Mooreville woman said she heard a vehicle outside and saw a motion light come on around 3 a.m. She looked outside and saw a man on the porch. When she yelled at him, he left.
- A Hamilton man said he let a Shannon friend borrow a 1995 Harley-Davidson motorcycle to go to work last week, and he did not return it. The man found the suspect and the now damaged bike at a Mooreville business and got into an altercation with the suspect.
Tupelo Police Department
- A Barnes Crossing Road Taco Bell employee said a customer was pulling a trailer that was too large to go through the drive-thru. When he tried to back up, he hit a wooden fence.
- A South Gloster Walmart employee said a customer went through the self check-out line and did not scan four items valued at $16.93. She placed the items in the sack and attempted to exit the store, but was detained for police.
- A Blair Street woman said a man came to her door at 10 p.m. demanding her air pump. Each time he knocked on the door, he became more aggressive. He finally punched the door window, shattering the glass, before he walked away.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.