The following people were booked into the Lee County-Tupelo Adult Jail in connection with felony charges ending Friday at 11 a.m.
- Jessica Daniels, 25, of Shannon, was arrested by the Saltillo Police Department, possession of methamphetamine.
- Randy Sandifer, 31, of Pontotoc, was arrested by the Mississippi Department of Corrections, violation of probation.
- Angel Varela, 39, of Houston, was arrested by the Mississippi Department of Corrections, violation of probation.
The following reports were filed Friday by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the Tupelo Police Department.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- An Autumn Hills Tupelo woman said a contractor running a gas line from her yard under the road to a house under construction damaged her yard. When she asked about it, the worker cursed her several times and she felt threatened. The gas compnay said they would take care of the damages.
- A Highway 178 Skyline man said he let a female borrow his car to pick up a friend from the hospital. She had not returned the 1988 Honda by the following day.
- A County Road 1282 woman said she let a female into her house. When she returned, clothes, jewelry and prescription drugs were missing.
- A County Road 452 Nettleton woman said her step-son has been told not to return to the property because of his drug use. He came by today to talk to his ex-girlfriend, who still lives with the woman. He thought the ex-girfriend was talking to another man, so he grabbed her cell phone and broke it.
- A woman said she was driving down County Road 154 Shannon and met a vehicle in her lane. She was forced into the ditch, causing damage to her 2008 Ford Mustang.
- A County Road 154 Shannon woman said her female roommate got upset when she was told to move out. The roommate pushed her into the couch several times. When the woman went outside to let things cool down, the roommate slammed the door and locked her out. The roommate then started breaking up things inside the residence.
Tupelo Police Department
- A West Jackson Street woman said someone stole a tricycle she had in the front yard as a decoration.
- A Moore Avenue man said he got into an argument with an unknown woman. As she was leaving in her gray Buick LeSabre, she hit his Dodge Ram pickup.
- A Bickertstaff Street woman said her father and his girlfriend were in an argument. When the girlfriend drove off, she backed into the woman's car, damaging the right front fender.
- A South Gloster Walmart employee saw a woman in the self-check line not scan eight items worth $55 and place them into the bags with other items and attempt to leave the store.
- A woman said she left the Barnes Crossing Red Lobster right at closing time after eating with friends. Once outside, she realized she left a bank envelope with $500 on the table. Employees refused to let her back inside to look for her money. When police arrived, the employees cited company policy and refused to allow the officer to walk inside and look for the missing cash.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.