There will be a retirement celebration honoring Mary Gardner, who is retiring after 33 years of teaching, at 1 p.m. Sunday at Johnson Chapel M.B. Church in Shannon. Marvin McWhorter is the pastor.
Audition for the Tupelo Symphony Orchestra Chorus will be at 3 p.m. Sunday in the choir room at Tupelo First United Methodist Church.
Potential members will be asked to sing a familiar song ("My Country Tis of Thee") for assessment of tone quality and intonation, and then sing in a SATB quartet for reading ability competence.
For more information, call the Tupelo Symphony office at 842-8433.
United Blood Services will hold blood drives at the following locations:
- Today, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Bloodmobile, SuperValu parking lot in Baldwyn.
- Sunday, noon to 5 p.m., Bloodmobile, Wal-Mart parking lot in West Point.
- Monday, 1 to 7 p.m., Bloodmobile, Clay County Medical Center in West Point.
- Tuesday, 2 to 7 p.m., Bloodmobile, on the square in Houston.
- Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Blue Mountain College Student Union.
- Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Bloodmobile, corner of the Courthouse Square in New Albany.
- Friday, 1 to 4 p.m., Bloodmobile, Daily Journal.
- Saturday, Sept. 30, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Bloodmobile, Wal-Mart parking lot in Fulton.
Donations also will be accepted at the Community Blood Service at 4326 South Eason Boulevard in Tupelo. Center hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Friday. For more information, call 842-8871.
"Home Works," a seminar to help women honor God in their home management, will be held from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 30 at the Cornerstone United Methodist Church at 1601 President Street in Tupelo.
The cost of the seminar is $18.50. An optional lunch is an additional $6.50. Also, optional resource notebooks are available for purchase.
Prepayment is required. Space is limited. Registration ends Monday. For more information or to register, call Lisa Murphree at 844-2006 or Lynda at 844-4677.