TUPELO - A Lee County man died Thursday evening when a fire destroyed his Palmetto community home.

Officials said the fire happened at a trailer located at 319 County Road 325. After notifying the next of kin, Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identified the victim as Cedric White, 46.

Investigators with the state fire marshal's office and Lee County examined the house Friday and determined the death was accidental and the fire started on the kitchen stove.

william.moore@journalinc.com

Twitter:@WilliamMoore_DJ

Recommended for you

comments powered by Disqus