Tupelo firefighters keep flames in the kitchen

It took Tupelo firefighters just minutes to extinguish a fire late Sunday at a North Green Street home.

The fire was reported about 11:45 p.m. at 426 N. Green St.

Firefighters said the blaze started in the kitchen of the two-story wood-frame home occupied by Barbara Armstrong.

Flames could be seen in the house when firefighters arrived on the scene, said firefighter Scott Morgan. It took only a couple of minutes to knock down the flames, which were firefighters contained to the kitchen area.

Armstrong received minor injuries in the incident and was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center for evaluation, Morgan said.

Cynthia M. Jeffries

Recommended for you

comments powered by Disqus