The Pontotoc County Historical Society will meet Thursday, July 11 at 6 pm at the Pontotoc County Library. Laura Sydney Fisher will present the program on historic sites in Pontotoc and surrounding area with an emphasis on haunted history. She has done extensive research and written several books on the haunted history of northeast Mississippi. She also incorporates Chickasaw history and legends as well. She also has written a book about Pontotoc’s seer, Seymore Prater, whose gift helped many find lost valuables and solve mysteries.
Sydney will have copies of her books which include the haunted history series, Seymore Prater, and other books. Everyone is invited to this very interesting program as her stories will fascinate you and cause you to look at your surroundings in a whole new way. For more information call the museum at 662-488-0388 or check out our Facebook page Pontotoc County Historical Society.
- Sheriff reports felony arrests
- July Circuit Court docket includes 290 criminal cases
- Pontotoc's Second Chances Animal Rescue needs your help
- Crew relishes 'Forged In Fire' experience
- Expanded health services coming to Pontotoc City Schools
- Give Me Shelter: Michael Jolly offers coverage with a hometown touch
- South Pontotoc juvenile killed in boating accident at Smith Lake
- Runners tackle 'Flamin Fury' Peach Trail Run
- Sheriff's dept. reports 37 felony arrests
- Police report five felony arrests, answer 438 emergency calls
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.