Greetings from the Town Square Museum.
Recent visitors will be listed in the next column.
The dedication of the Thaxton Veterans Memorial and Honors Monument was well attended with many veterans attending. Many of our local elected officials attended as well. It was fitting that the dedication occurred just two days after the 75th anniversary of D-Day the innavsion of Normandy. Read more in other
articles. Thank you, Regina, for being there.
We have added two new books to our gift shop. The Real Horse Soldiers (Benjamin Grierson’s Epic 1863 Civil War Raid Through Mississippi) by Timothy B. Smith. He is a graduate of Mississippi State and veteran of the National Park Service. He currently teaches at the University of Tennessee at Martin. The noted Civil War historian is the author of seventeen other books.
Our other book is Meet My Mississippi by Patricia Neely Dorsey and illustrated by Brenda Ragsdale. The book is adapted from Ms. Nelly’s poem and is a Mississippi children’s book which showcases the best of what Mississippi has to offer. Places,events symbols are featured with beautiful water colors that really enhance the book. Teachers, this book would be a great addition to your classroom.
Pilease keep us in your prayers as Johnny is in hospital.
- Russell returns to lead Lady Cougars
- Bradley resigns as South Pontotoc head coach
- Charm Central- The Antler and Event Rentals offer celebrations in Southern elegance
- UPDATE: Tanglefoot clear to New Albany, Wind storm causes power outages early this morning
- Lady Warriors working toward another big year
- Pontotoc Aldermen continue annexation process
- Pontotoc Children's Parade, fireworks set July 4
- MSU agents Thompson and Youngblood retiring June 30
- Presley named to National Commissioners board
- 'Glad to know ya', Toccopola Community eating place feeds like family
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.