Greetings and Happy Independence Day from the Town Square Museum.
Recent visitors include Janis Crawford of Pontotoc; Robert, Linda and Sarah Rose and McKenzie of Winthrop, Alabama; and Jima Sparks.
Mrs. Mildred Eloise Newell donated three rural letter carriers’ route directory books belonging to her husband, Mr. Charles Newell. The books are from 1949, 1954 and 1961. He ran routes in the southern and southwestern parts of the county. These items will placed in the postal exhibit downstairs. Thanks, Janis for bringing the items.
Jima Sparks donated a Navy P coat belonging to Leonard Clegg, husband of Edith King Clegg . Mr. Clegg wore the coat during the Korean War. Mrs. Sarah Naugher had kept the coat as the Naugher and King families were related. Thanks, Jima.
The Pontotoc County Historical Society will meet on Thursday, July 11, 2019, at 6:00 pm (please note the time) at the Pontotoc County Library. Laura Sydney Fisher will present the program on historic sites in Pontotoc with an emphasis on haunted history. Her stories about our hometown will fascinate you and cause you to look at your surroundings in a whole new way. She has written several books about hauntings in Northeast Mississippi, Seymore Prater and other topics of interest. Everyone is invited to this interesting program.
Reminder: The Town Square Museum will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5. The Town Square Post Office will be closed on Thursday, July 4, but be OPEN on Friday, July 5.
Everyone have a great Fourth of July Holiday as will celebrate our nation’s 243rd Birthday.
- Six arrested in connection with December 2019 armed robbery and shooting at Quick Stop in Pontotoc
- Optometrist Dr. Terry Wood appreciates the scenery of creation
- Rising water level at Trace Lake looks promising
- Sign theft caused automobile crashes last week
- Police report nine felony arrests in January
- Pontotoc Aldermen to appoint someone to fill unexpected vacancy on city school board
- Lady Warriors win Division 2-4A Tournament
- Pontotoc Aldermen renew retail recruiter contract
- Vikings' season ends with loss to Braves
- PEPA 85 year anniversary celebration is set
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.