The Beckham Fire Department has received a $2,500 donation from local farmer Danny McKnight and America’s Farmers Grow Communities, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund. The donation will help the organization purchase one set fire turnout gear, which consists of coats, pants and helmets for new department members. The department has a staff of 25 firemen. According to Fire Chief Dan McKnight, directing the funds towards the Beckham Fire Department was an easy decision for his father Danny McKnight. “I help my dad farm and am also the fire chief of the station,” said Dan McKnight. “In return, my dad is involved with the fire department and volunteers when needed.” For five years, America’s Farmers Grow Communities has collaborated with farmers to donate over $16.5 million to over 7,300 community organizations across rural America. This year winning farmers will direct another $3.3 million to nonprofits to help fight rural hunger, purchase life saving fire and EMS equipment, support ag youth leadership programs, buy much needed classroom resources, and so much more. America’s Farmers Grow Communities is part of the America’s Farmers initiative. Since 2010, the America’s Farmers campaign and programs have advocated on behalf of farmers and their efforts to meet society’s needs through agriculture. Today, consumers are more interested than ever in agriculture and how food is grown. Consider joining the conversation and helping to raise awareness about agriculture. Learn more at FoodDialogues.com. A sister program in the America’s Farmers effort, Grow Rural Education, is currently in its farmer nomination phase. Farmers interested in supporting math and science education in their communities should visit www.GrowRuralEducation.com from now through April 1 to learn how.
- Sheriff's department investigating alleged hazing assault at South Pontotoc School
- Police report nine felony arrests with 650 calls for service in December
- Pontotoc Aldermen award frontage road construction contract
- Pontotoc National Guard stands ready
- Man charged with burglarizing Victory Baptist Church
- Severe thunderstorms roar across Pontotoc County, some damage reported, some roads flooded
- Pontotoc Electric customers should look for broadband survey
- Fire destroys Thaxton home
- hurricane Jan 8
- Lady Warriors cruise over Itawamba AHS
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.