Pontotoc Police Chief Randy Tutor's police report for May 1-15, 2019, included two felony arrests and 392 calls for police services.
Chief Tutor said that suspects arrested on felony charges included:
- John L. Allen, 42, Twin Lakes Road, Pontotoc; arrested May 8 and charged with possession of a controlled substance; bond was set at $5,000;
- Corey M. McEwen, 42, of Possum Trot Road, Pontotoc; arrested May 9 and charged with possession of a controlled substance; bond was set at $5,000.
In addition to the 392 calls for service, police activity also included issuing 201 misdemeanor traffic citations, making 44 misdemeanor arrests and and working 14 auto accidents.
A breakdown of the misdemeanor traffic citations issued included:
- nine for speeding;
- 38 for suspended or no driver's license;
- 47 for no proof of insurance;
- 56 for other traffic violations;
- 16 for misdemeanor affidavits;
- 34 for misdemeanor drug charges;
- and one for DUI.