Duane Bullard, a local historian and author, hosted a social gathering for Tippah County WWII Veterans today (Monday, Nov. 11) at The Peoples Bank in Ripley. WWII veterans, Andrew Carter, Roy Hodges, Carl Lee Nance, T.C. Mauney, Felix Jones, and E.J. Murley, were honored at the affair. Photos byTonie Liles Rayburn.
Tupelo, MS (38804)
Cloudy with light rain this morning. Thunder possible. High around 55F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%..
Mostly cloudy skies this evening will become partly cloudy after midnight. Low near 45F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Updated: December 6, 2019 @ 10:32 am
- SCENE: Introducing the Daily Journal's new community calendar
- Operation Christmas Child shoebox collection week begins Monday
- County Road closure blocks man from accessing his timberland
- Man arrested on sell of meth warrant
- Leadership is Servanthood receives Main Street Hero award
- Making Jam: Boys & Girls Club learns about canning from WCSHC
- Tippah freshman receives full scholarship to Alabama space camp
- Volunteer NEMS making service connections
- Liles tabbed to take over Ripley football
- Shady Grove man accidentally shoots girlfriend
- Body of young man found on top of Dixie Theatre in Ripley
- Tippah County sells $67,200 in lottery tickets during first week
- Calvery retires from Ripley Library after 33 years
- Young at Heart helps serve mind and spirit of local senior citizens
- Tigers slip despite hot start to Booneville
- Foot chase between burglary suspects and Tippah deputies ends in arrests
- Dead puppy and starving dogs prompt arrest
- Cougars fend off late Walnut run
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.